Cycle Expeditions Tur.Ltd.Şti – Bike Rental
General Terms and Conditions of Service and Use
Part one – Applicability of the Bicycle Rental GTCs
- Cycle Expeditions Tur.Ltd.Şti (“Supplier”) rents bicycles to customers (“Customer”) subject to availability. These General Terms and Conditions of Service and Use (“GTC”) apply exclusively for the use of the bicycle rental service.
- These GTC govern the business relationship between the Supplier and the Customer regarding the rent of bicycles. Part two, under the heading “General Terms and Conditions of Use”, contains details of the rights and obligations regarding the specific use of the bicycles.
- The Supplier must confirm individual agreements deviating from the GTC to the Customer in writing.
- By borrowing a bicycle, the Customer agrees to the current version of the GTC.
- The most current price list is included in these GTC.
Application and Confirmation
- The request for bicycle rental can be made in writing, verbally, by telephone or via the internet. Customers must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the request.
- Once the Customer has provided the relevant personal data, the Supplier decides whether to accept the request and to conclude the customer relationship.
- The request is accepted by a written confirmation from the Supplier. The Customer can be notified in writing, verbally, by telephone or via the internet.
- The Customer is obligated to inform the Supplier immediately of any changes to his/her personal data that may occur during the business relationship as well as any data relevant to billing.
A rental contract is agreed upon between both parties (Customer and Supplier). The contract specifies the pick-up and drop-off times as well as the agreed upon rental price. For one-day rentals, the Customer must provide the Supplier with a document which will be returned to the Customer upon the return of the bicycle. For rentals lasting several days, the Supplier requires a copy of the Customer’s ID or passport as well as a deposit. The deposit amount depends on the type of bicycle and the duration of the rental period.
The Customer must pay the rental price and the deposit to the Supplier in advance either in cash, by bank transfer or credit card. For group rentals or longer rental periods, a deposit may be required. In such cases, the Customer will be informed of the conditions of cancellation.
- The Supplier is entitled to store the personal data of the Customer and is obligated to use them only in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of the Republic of Turkey.
- The Supplier is entitled to pass on information about the Customer, in particular the address, to investigating authorities to the necessary extent, if the authority submits proof that proceedings have been initiated against the Customer for a regulatory or criminal offence.
Limitation of claims
Claims against us must be made in writing within one month after the contractual end of the loan. All claims arising from the rental contract shall become time-barred 6 months after the contractually agreed end of the rental period. Claims in tort shall become time-barred 3 years after the end of the rental contract.
Part two – General Terms and Conditions of Use
Proper condition of the bicycles
- The Supplier is obligated to keep all bicycles in roadworthy condition.
- The Customer must familiarize himself/herself with the operation of the bicycle and carry out a brake test before commencing on the bike ride. There are no lights fitted, depending on the type of bicycle. At dusk or at night-time, the Customer is responsible for installing lights himself/herself.
- If at the beginning of use an obvious technical defect which could impair road safety is evident or becomes apparent during use, the Customer must inform the Supplier immediately and refrain from using the bicycle straight away. Even minor defects such as tyre damage, rim damage or gear shifting defects should be reported immediately.
Unauthorised use of bicycles
- The bicycle must not be ridden hands-free at any time.
- Bicycles must not be used:
- a) by persons under 16 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult. Likewise, these persons must observe the legal obligation in Turkey of wearing a helmet.
- b) for the transport of highly inflammable, toxic, or other dangerous substances
- c) for participation in bicycle test events or bicycle races,
- d) for subletting,
- e) for journeys outside the Republic of Turkey, unless the Supplier has given his/her consent in writing,
- f) for carrying additional persons, in particular young children.
- The Customer is prohibited from improper use of the bicycle’s stated transport limitations, in particular from exceeding the permitted carrying capacity of 20 kg. In addition, the Customer must ensure that any objects being transported are properly secured.
- The Customer is obligated to observe the road traffic regulations.
- The Customer is prohibited from carrying out modifications and other changes to the bicycle.
- The Customer is prohibited from using the bicycle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- In case of unauthorised use, the Supplier is entitled to withdraw from the contract at any time and to prohibit further use.
- In the event of accidents involving not only the user but also other people or property, the Customer is obligated to notify both the police and the Supplier immediately.
- Failing to do so, the Customer is liable for the damage on the part of the Supplier resulting from the violation of this obligation.
- The bicycle must be handed over to the Supplier at a designated return location.
- The Customer is obligated to end the rental process in an orderly manner.
- The Customer shall be liable for all costs and damages incurred by the Supplier as a result of a breach of the above-mentioned obligation to inform and cooperate.
Liability of the Supplier and Customer Liability
- The Supplier is liable within the scope of the due diligence of a reasonable businessman for the correctness of the service description and the proper provision of the agreed rental service. For other culpable breaches of essential contractual obligations (cardinal obligations), the Supplier is liable, regardless of the legal grounds, only for typical contractual, i.e. foreseeable damages.
- The Supplier shall not be liable in the event of unauthorised and/or unlawful use of the bicycle. In the case of unauthorised use, the Supplier’s liability for damage to objects transported by bicycle is also excluded.
- The Customer is liable for all damages resulting from theft or damage to the bicycle during the rental period. When taking out a bicycle insurance policy, the insurance cover does not apply if the Customer is responsible for the damage or theft intentionally or through gross negligence.
- The Customer must report the theft of a bicycle during the period of use to the Supplier and to a police station without delay. Subsequently, the police file number must be given to the Supplier.
Place of jurisdiction is Bodrum (Turkey)
Cycle Expeditions Tur.Ltd.Şti
Çamlık mah.Ömerler sok.no:29 / 1
48400 Bodrum / Muğla
Phone.: +90 532 3351560